Donations and Grants
Our mission is to connect with our rural communities to support young minds, invest in our current and future workforce, create vibrant culture and vital communities, improve health and human services, and protect our natural resources.
While we provide financial support to a broad array of activities and organizations, we focus our resources on the rural communities we serve. Our foremost concerns are our customers, our neighbors, and our employees.
Two ways to apply
- Complete and submit this online application form
- Complete, print, and mail this application form to:
Otter Tail Power Company
215 South Cascade Street
Fergus Falls, MN 56537
The Community Connections committee meets quarterly on or about March 15, June 15, September 15, and December 15. All requests must be received two weeks prior to the meeting.
You will be notified of the committee's decision within two weeks of the meeting.
Email Rebecca Michael at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 218-739-8303 with questions.
We make donations for the charitable, educational, and volunteer efforts of qualifying organizations that directly impact the local communities we serve.
We designate donations for general operating support, program/project support, and scholarships.
Collaborative efforts and initiatives that fit more than one of our areas of emphasis will receive greater consideration for funding.
Priority funding areas:
- Health and human services
- Community enhancement, arts, and culture
- Environmental stewardship
We don't fund:
- Organizations without 501(c)(3) status. (Exceptions include public and private educational institutions, volunteer fire departments, and rural EMT services.)
- Requests from outside our service area.
- Lobbying, political, or fraternal groups.
- Requests for doors, windows, roofs, or heating systems.
- Programs that pose a potential conflict of interest to the company.
- Religious organizations, unless the organization is seeking charitable funds in the direct interest of the entire community and not to promote a particular faith.
- Fundraising events, social events, or goodwill advertising.
- General operating support for educational institutions.