We acknowledge the public concern about greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and climate change. We take a balanced approach to this issue with the goal of encouraging informed decision making.
Our principles regarding climate change policies
- Ensure achievable compliance timelines. They must be consistent with the expected development and deployment timelines of needed technologies.
- Regulation must involve all sectors of the economy and all sources of GHG.
- Regulation must provide for alternative actions if costs get too high.
- Recognize early actions and investments made to mitigate GHG emissions.
Our efforts to reduce criteria pollutants and GHG emissions
Besides participating in GHG emissions-reduction research and development, our company demonstrates its commitment through:
- Supply efficiencies and reliability improvements.
- Including conservation measures and renewable energy in our resource mix.
Read more about our efforts to reduce criteria pollutants and GHG.
Read our complete set of principles.