Energy Control and Declared-Peak Pricing Notices
Customers who partner with us in energy control can sign up to receive email notices about energy-control events and declared-peak prices.
Energy-control notices - sign up for one or both
- Anticipated-control email notices tell you when we expect control activity but have not yet started. We usually send these notices a day ahead and they contain our best estimate of when control will start and end. Unfortunately, not all control events can be scheduled in advance. So, anticipated-control notices are not sent for all control events.
- Actual-control email notices tell you when control begins and ends. We send these notices according to your ZIP code and rate. This allows you to choose the notices that are valuable for you.
Declared peak pricing notices
If you’re on the Irrigation Rate-Option 2 or the General Service Time of Use Rate you may want to sign up to get day-ahead declared-peak pricing notices. We include the hours affected and the price per kilowatt-hour that will be in effect.
Based on that information, you can choose whether to:
- Shut off electrical loads to avoid paying a peak price.
- Continue typical energy use at the higher price during the declared-peak hours.
Hours and pricing vary by state and rate.
To sign up for notices log in above and follow the "My Profile" link, then select "Update Email Alerts".
How to get started
- Register now and select the energy-control email alerts that you'll need during the registration process.
- If you’re already registered on our website, log in above and select My Profile and then Update Email Alerts to add or modify your email alerts.
Avoid needless emails—subscribe only to alerts for your location and load type.