Energy Control and Declared-Peak Pricing Notices
Customers who partner with us in energy control can sign up to receive email notices about energy-control events and declared-peak pricing events. To do so you'll want to check which rates and load types you use.
Energy-control notices—sign up for one or both
- Anticipated-control email notices tell you when we expect control activity but haven't yet started. These notices contain our best estimate of when control will start and end. Please note: all control events are known in advance. So, anticipated-control notices are not sent for all control events.
- Actual-control email notices tell you when control begins. Notices are associated to your selected zip code and rate. This allows you to choose the notices that are valuable for you. Notices may vary by rate groups.
Declared-peak pricing notices
The Irrigation Option 2 and the General Service Time of Use Rates are declared peak rates. If you use one of these you may sign up to get day-ahead declared-peak pricing notices. We include the hours when peak pricing will be in effect and the price per kilowatt-hour that will apply to that period. Based on that information, you can choose whether to:
- Shut off electrical loads to avoid paying a peak price.
- Continue typical energy use at the higher price during the declared-peak hours.
Hours and pricing vary by state and rate.
How to sign up for notices
- Register now and select the energy-control email alerts that you need for your location and load type.
- If you’re already registered on our website, log in and from the My Account page, Email and Notifications section, select the Notifications button and select the email alerts you wish to add or modify.