Ready Check Automatic Payments
Eliminate check writing and postage costs each month!
Our free Ready Check service automatically withdraws your monthly electric payments from your bank account.
Because we need your authorized signature, you'll need to complete an authorization form.
- Click on the orange button below to print and complete your enrollment.
- Return the completed form along with your voided check to the mailing address listed.
After you sign up, continue making your payments as usual. Within two months you'll see a notice on your electric service statement that says, Ready Check amount and Copy. Do not pay. This amount will be paid by your bank.
Seeing this message on your statement means that Ready Check is in effect. Payments automatically will be deducted from your checking account.
Prefer to go completely hands-free?
- Consider enrolling in ePay, our free paperless billing and payment program. It also offers an automatic payment option.
- And if you want to make budgeting for your electric bill as convenient and predictable as possible, combine Ready Check with Even Monthly Payment. This service averages your bills over 12 months, so you pay the same amount every month. Just check the box at the bottom of the Ready Check enrollment form. It's that easy!
Frequently asked questions about Ready Check
Can I select the payment date of my bill?
- You can provide a range of dates that you prefer having payments processed. We select a payment date from that range that fits with your billing schedule.
If I enroll in Ready Check, will I still get a bill from Otter Tail Power Company?
- Yes. But you can choose to stop receiving paper bills by registering now or logging on and enrolling in electronic billing. You'll be able to access up to 24 months of billing statements online
- Your bill statement includes the amount of your Ready Check payment for that month. And you can cancel Ready Check at any time. Just call us at 800-257-4044 or write to your customer service center.
Do I pay a service charge to be on Ready Check?
- No. Ready Check is a free service.
Does Ready Check work with Even Monthly Payment?
- Yes. With Even Monthly Payment, or EMP, we average your electric payments from the last 12 months. This determines what you'll pay each month for the next year.
- When you combine Ready Check with Even Monthly Payment, the same amount automatically will be deducted from your checking or savings account each month. Learn more about Even Monthly Payment.
After I sign up, how soon will my Ready Check Payments begin?
- Your payments will begin with the first or second bill you receive after you sign up for the program. When you see Ready Check amount and Copy. Do not pay. This amount will be paid by your bank. on the stub portion of your bill, your next payment will be made automatically.
How will I know my bill has been paid?
- Your bank statement will show "Otter Tail Power Company Ready Check." And your monthly electric bill will show that your previous balance was paid via Ready Check.
What happens if my bank account doesn't have enough money to cover the payment?
- We'll charge a return-check fee of $15, just like we would if you paid by check. If this happens for three monthly bills within a 12-month period, you'll be removed from the Ready Check program.
What do I need to do if I change financial institutions?
- Fill out a new enrollment form and mail it to the address listed with a new voided check. We'll take care of the transfer for you.
- Depending on when the change is received, your account may not transfer on your next bill. This means you may need to mail a check payment for one bill.
What happens if I move?
- If you move to another address that we serve, here's what you'll need to do:
- If you have the same banking information: You don't need to do anything. We'll transfer the information required to your new electric account.
- If you change banks: You'll need to fill out the enrollment form again with your new banking information. Send it to the address listed, along with a voided check from your new account.
How does Ready Check compare with ePay?
- Unlike Ready Check, ePay lets you manage and pay your bills online. This paperless billing program offers:
- Account access 24-hours-a-day, 7-days-a-week.
- A single login ID and password for all your accounts.
- Automatic or scheduled monthly payment options.
Learn more about ePay
Can I buy Otter Tail Corporation Stock through Ready Check?