Ready Check Automatic Payments
Eliminate check writing and postage costs each month!
Our free Ready Check service automatically withdraws your monthly electric payments from your bank account.
Because we need your authorized signature, you'll need to complete an authorization form.
- Print and complete our Ready Check enrollment form.
- Return the completed form along with your voided check to the mailing address listed.
After you sign up, continue making your payments as usual. Within two months you'll see a notice on your electric service statement that says, Ready Check amount and Copy. Do not pay. This amount will be paid by your bank.
Seeing this message on your statement means that Ready Check is in effect. Payments automatically will be deducted from your checking account.
Frequently asked questions about Ready Check
Can I select the payment date of my bill?
- You provide a range of payment dates that fit with your billing schedule, and we select a payment date from that range.
If I enroll in Ready Check, will I still get a bill from Otter Tail Power Company?
- Yes. But you can choose to stop receiving paper bills by registering now or logging on and enrolling in electronic billing. You'll be able to access up to 24 months of billing statements online.
- Your bill statement includes the amount of your Ready Check payment for that month. And you can cancel Ready Check at any time. Just call us at 800-257-4044 or write to your customer service center.
Do I pay a service charge to be on Ready Check?
- No. Ready Check is a free service.
Does Ready Check work with Even Monthly Payment?
- Yes. With Even Monthly Payment, or EMP, we average your electric payments from the last 12 months. This determines what you'll pay each month for the next year.
- When you combine Ready Check with EMP, the same amount automatically will be deducted from your checking or savings account each month. Just check the box at the bottom of the Ready Check enrollment form. It's that easy!
- Learn more about Even Monthly Payment.
After I sign up, how soon will my Ready Check payments begin?
- Your payments will begin with the first or second bill you receive after you sign up for the program. When you see Ready Check amount and Copy. Do not pay. This amount will be paid by your bank. on the stub portion of your bill, your next payment will be made automatically.
How will I know my bill has been paid?
- Your bank statement will show "Otter Tail Power Company Ready Check." And your monthly electric bill will show that your previous balance was paid via Ready Check.
What happens if my bank account doesn't have enough money to cover the payment?
- We'll charge a return-check fee of $15 just like we would if you paid by check. If this happens for three monthly bills within a 12-month period, you'll be removed from the Ready Check program.
What do I need to do if I change financial institutions?
- Fill out a new enrollment form and mail it to the address listed with a new voided check. We'll take care of the transfer for you.
- Depending on when the change is received, your account may not transfer on your next bill. This means you may need to mail a check payment for one bill.
What happens if I move?
- If you move to another address that we serve, here's what you'll need to do:
- If you have the same banking information: You don't need to do anything. We'll transfer the information required to your new electric account.
- If you change banks: You'll need to fill out the enrollment form again with your new banking information. Send it to the address listed, along with a voided check from your new account.
Can I buy Otter Tail Corporation Stock through Ready Check?
- Yes. Contact our Customer Service Center or call 800-664-1259 to request an enrollment form for the Customer Stock Purchase Plan.
How do I remove myself from Ready Check?
- Please call 800-257-4044 or 218-739-8877 or request to be removed by contacting our Customer Service Center. You'll need to provide your account number in order to help us identify you.
How does Ready Check compare with ePay?
- Unlike Ready Check, ePay lets you manage and pay your bills online. This paperless billing program offers:
- Account access for billing, usage, and payment information 24/7.
- A single login ID and password for all your accounts.
- Automatic or scheduled monthly payment options.
- Learn more about ePay.