Significant rebates for efficient new construction projects are available through our Minnesota CIP to qualifying building owners, architectural and engineering firms, and developers that participate in an integrated design process that puts energy efficiency at the forefront of plans for new construction.
- FREE computer energy-use modeling of design alternatives.
- Reimbursement to your architect and design team for time commitments.
- Cash incentives based on the extent that your final design exceeds State of Minnesota Energy Code.
- Review of construction documents to ensure final building plans reflect intended efficiency.
- Verification of design success.
- Significant rebates that will offset the cost of more efficient materials and equipment, reduce equipment maintenance and replacement costs, and achieve significant long-term energy and maintenance-cost savings.
Project qualifications: Buildings must be at least 5,000 square feet in our Minnesota service area
Customer type: Otter Tail Power Company commercial or industrial customer
Initial utility contact: During schematic or early design development
Required energy savings: 5 percent beyond a baseline building