When you allow us to cycle your air conditioning system during occassional periods of summer peak demand, residential customers may receive a $7-a-month credit and Minnesota commercial customers may receive a credit of $5 per ton of connected cooling load per month from June through September.
When demand on the electric system is high, we may cycle your air conditioner 15 minutes on and 15 minutes off to help manage summer peaks. We use a radio receiver to cycle a central air conditioner or air-source heat pump served through a general service or Residential Demand Control meter.
- Radio installation is free.
- Only air conditioners or heat pumps served through a general service or RDC meter may qualify.
- Window and ductless air conditioners do not qualify.
- Systems already served through the Deferred Load or Dual Fuel Rates do not qualify for the program.
- Systems must have a disconnect located outside of the building.
Customer research shows that participants stay cool and comfortable and aren't aware when their systems are being controlled.
Property owners: Fill out this Application Form.
Mail the form to:
Otter Tail Power Company
PO Box 496
Fergus Falls, MN 56538-0496