Cut costs with energy-efficient lighting
Lighting is an essential part of your home. And because you’re likely using some form of lighting throughout most of the day and evening, switching to energy-efficient bulbs can make a big difference when it comes to your energy bills.
Choose LED bulbs
Light-emitting diode (LED) bulbs use 85% less energy and last about 25 times longer than incandescent bulbs. While they cost more up-front, you’ll see energy savings over the long term.
Aside from offering comfort, lighting also offers security, especially outside your home. Add security lighting to your home for as little as $6 a month with our security lighting program.
- Provide cost-effective bulb options for you to choose from
- Install and provide energy to the light
- Maintain the light (e.g., if the bulb goes out, we will repair or replace it)
To enroll in the security lighting program, contact our Customer Service Center via email or call 800-257-4044 during business hours.
Tips for reducing your lighting costs
- Use task lighting to illuminate work and leisure activities. This reduces your overall room lighting levels.
- Look for the ENERGY STAR label when shopping for LED bulbs.
- Look for the highest lumens at the lowest wattage when buying any kind of light bulb.
- Open shades and blinds to take advantage of natural light.
- Keep light fixtures clean to get the most illumination.
Disposal of CFLs
Fluorescent bulbs contain very small amounts mercury that are harmful to the environment. Learn what to do if a CFL bulb breaks, and how to safely dispose of or recycle CFL bulbs.
Analyze your home energy use
Find out how much energy you’re using and how you can lower your use—and costs—with our free Home Energy Analyzer tool.