Recycle your old fridge or freezer and earn a rebate!
An old fridge uses about three times the electricity of a new ENERGY STAR model and could be costing you an extra $120 a year. If you have an old, but working, fridge or freezer, we'll clear it out for you. In 2021 you also can recycle an old, but working, window air-conditioner and/or a dehumidifier. Recycle for free and receive a rebate plus eight new LED bulbs.
|$50||Refrigerator: 10 to 27 cubic feet in size|
|$50||Freezer: 10 to 27 cubic feet in size|
For your health and safety, we're conducting appliance recycling pickups through a no-contact process during COVID-19
Five steps to arrange your safe, no-contact pickup
- Call or schedule your pickup appointment online.
- On the day of your scheduled appointment, move your appliance(s) to your garage, driveway, porch, or an outbuilding.
- Print and sign your release form, and leave it inside the appliance.
- An ARCA Recycling, Inc. crew will arrive to pickup the unit without any physical contact or entering your home.
- You receive your incentive check by mail!
It's time to earn some cash for a little recycling
- This program is for our Minnesota residential and commercial customers.
- It's operated by ARCA Recycling, Inc.
- Appliances will be picked up only from the address listed on your Otter Tail Power Company account.
- Refrigerator or freezer must be 10 to 27 cubic feet and in working condition to qualify. (You may recycle up to two units per year.)
- During the same appointment, recycle your old, but working, window air-conditioner and/or dehumidifier.
- Rebates are sent six to eight weeks after the appliance is picked up.
Questions? Call 877-838-1131.