Update your home insulation and save big
Stop losing heat—and money—by upgrading your home’s insulation. Get up to $1,400 in rebates when you use a contractor for installation.
The benefits of insulation
- Reduced heat loss
- A cost-effective way to lower your energy bills
- Ensures home safety—in addition to installing insulation, contractors check your energy systems to make sure they’re working properly
- Improved home durability, by keeping outside elements out and reducing moisture
Program eligibility and details
Weatherizing your home with new insulation and air sealing not only makes it more comfortable, but also more efficient, which can cut your energy costs. And with our rebate program, you can save money right away, too.
- You must be a Minnesota customer.
- Your home’s primary heat must be electric.
- You cannot have received a previous insulation rebate for your home this year.
- Your home must not be new construction.
- A contractor must perform the installation.
We will rebate up to 20% of your installation costs, with a maximum rebate of $1,400.
- This includes a $500 maximum rebate for wall, $500 maximum rebate for attic insulations, and a $400 maximum rebate for air sealing.
- The rebate applies to attic bypass sealing and insulation, wall insulation, and air-sealing and weather-stripping only.
- Insulation must meet certain R-factor levels to qualify.
- Homes with existing attic insulation levels less than or equal to R-20 must install enough insulation to reach a total level of R-44 or greater.
- Wall insulation must have an existing empty wall cavity and an ending value of at least R-13.
If you have any questions about program eligibility, contact our Idea Center via email or call 800-493-3299 during business hours.
Apply for your rebate
Fill out the rebate form. When completed, mail it to:
Otter Tail Power Company
P.O. Box 496
Fergus Falls, MN 56538
Please allow 6–8 weeks for your rebate check to arrive.