Make your home cozy and efficient
If you can stack two quarters between your doors and doorframes, it's like having a hole to the outside in your living room wall. Similar gaps throughout your home all can add up to the equivalent of leaving a window open year-round. A well-insulated home doesn't just keep you warmer in the winter. Proper insulation:
- Reduces heat loss in winter and heat gain in summer.
- Helps to lower your energy bills.
- Improves home durability by keeping outside elements out and reducing moisture.
Program eligibility and details
You may qualify for a rebate of 20% of your project cost, up to $1,400, if you heat with electricity and employ a contractor to upgrade your insulation.
- Up to $500 for wall insulation.
- Up to $500 for attic insulation.
- Up to $400 for air sealing.
- You must be a Minnesota customer.
- Your home’s primary heat must be electric.
- You cannot have received a previous insulation rebate for your home this year.
- Your home must not be new construction.
- A contractor must perform the installation.
- Rebates apply to attic bypass sealing and insulation, wall insulation, and air-sealing and weather-stripping only and must meet certain R-factor levels.
- Homes with existing attic insulation levels less than or equal to R-20 must install enough insulation to reach a total level of R-44 or greater.
- Wall insulation must have an existing R-8 or less wall cavity and an ending value of at least R-13.
Apply for your rebate
Fill out the rebate form. When completed, mail it to:
Otter Tail Power Company
P.O. Box 496
Fergus Falls, MN 56538
Please allow 6–8 weeks for your rebate check to arrive.