Schedule your energy assessment
Have an energy expert measure your home's efficiency and evaluate your energy use—for free. The expert will provide you with a report suggesting ways you could improve your efficiency and lower your electric bill. We offer only a limited number of Home Transformer energy assessments each year, so schedule yours today.
How it works
Your free energy assessment includes:
- A blower door test to determine your home’s airtightness.
- A thermal-imaging analysis to gauge the effectiveness of your insulation.
- A detailed report, which you’ll receive within 60 days of the assessment, with recommended ways to improve your home’s efficiency and estimates for how much those improvements could save on your bill.
You’ll also receive these energy-saving products:
- Eight LED lightbulbs
- Outlet gaskets
- Window caulking
- Weather stripping
- One low-flow showerhead
- Two faucet aerators
- Pipe insulation
- One engine block heater timer
- One door sweep
Program eligibility and details
This program is being offered to customers by service area and over time these services will be offered to all eligible customers. To qualify for a home energy assessment, you must:
- Use electricity as your primary source of heat and water heating.
- Be present, or have someone 18 or older present, during the energy assessment.
- Own your home and have a satisfactory 12-month payment history with Otter Tail Power Company.
- Live in an area where the program is currently being offered.
If you have any questions about program eligibility, contact our Idea Center or call 800-493-3299 during business hours.
Schedule your assessment
Property owners should complete the application form and mail it to:
Otter Tail Power Company
P.O. Box 496
Fergus Falls, MN 56538
After we receive your completed application, we'll contact you to verify eligibility and schedule your home's energy assessment.
Terms and conditions
- You must be an Otter Tail Power Company residential customer in Minnesota whose water heater is electric and primary heat source is electricity.
- You must own your home and have a satisfactory payment history with our company.
- A third-party vendor will conduct your Home Transformer energy assessment, demonstrate products, and provide energy-efficiency education.
- By applying, you authorize Otter Tail Power Company to release your account information (name, address, phone number, energy consumption) to the third-party vendor.
- You or someone 18 or older must be present during the energy assessment. You may reschedule the assessment by contacting the vendor before the scheduled time.
- You and Otter Tail Power Company will receive reports within 60 days of the home energy assessment.
- You will receive eight LED lightbulbs, one engine block heater timer, one door sweep, two faucet aerators, one low-flow showerhead, outlet gaskets, pipe insulation, caulking, and weather stripping.
- You must not have participated previously in the Home Transformer or House Therapy programs.
- Otter Tail Power Company reserves the right to deny Home Transformer participation at any time.