Schedule your energy assessment
Have an energy expert measure your home's efficiency and evaluate your energy use—for free! The expert will provide you with a report suggesting ways you could improve your efficiency and lower your electric bill. We offer only a limited number of Home Transformer energy assessments each year, so schedule yours today!
How it works
Your free energy assessment includes:
- A blower door test to determine your home’s airtightness.
- A thermal-imaging analysis to gauge the effectiveness of your insulation.
- A detailed report, which you’ll receive within 60 days of the assessment, with recommended ways to improve your home’s efficiency and estimates for how much those improvements could save you on your bill.
You’ll also receive these energy-saving products:
- Eight LED lightbulbs
- Outlet gaskets
- Window caulking
- Weather stripping
- One low-flow showerhead
- Two faucet aerators
- Pipe insulation
- One advanced power strip
- One door sweep
Program eligibility and details
To qualify for a home energy assessment you must:
- Use electricity as your primary source of heat and water heating.
- Be present, or have someone 18 or older present, during the energy assessment.
- Live in an area where the program currently is offered.
- Not have had an energy audit offered by us in the past five years.
If you have any questions about program eligibility, contact our Idea Center or call 800-493-3299 during business hours.
Schedule your assessment
Property owners should complete the application form and mail it to:
Otter Tail Power Company
P.O. Box 496
Fergus Falls, MN 56538
After we receive your completed application, an organization we contract with to provide home energy assessment services will contact you to verify eligibility and schedule your home's energy assessment.
Terms and conditions
- You must be an Otter Tail Power Company residential customer in Minnesota whose water heater is electric and primary heat source is electricity.
- A third-party vendor will conduct your Home Transformer energy assessment, demonstrate products, and provide energy-efficiency education.
- By applying, you authorize us to release your account information (name, address, phone number, energy consumption) to the third-party vendor.
- You or someone 18 or older must be present during the energy assessment. You may reschedule the assessment by contacting the vendor before the scheduled time.
- You and Otter Tail Power Company will receive reports within 60 days of the home energy assessment.
- You'll receive eight LED lightbulbs, one advanced power strip, one door sweep, two faucet aerators, one low-flow showerhead, outlet gaskets, pipe insulation, caulking, and weather stripping.
- You must not have participated previously in our Home Transformer or House Therapy programs in the past five years.
- We reserve the right to deny Home Transformer participation at any time.