Integrated Building Design Plus
Build smart and save big
Building a new facility? Make sure it’s as energy efficient as possible with our free Integrated Building Design Plus program. In addition to getting expert advice, you’ll qualify for rebates and enjoy long-term savings.
Available to qualifying building owners, architectural and engineering firms, and developers planning for new building construction, our Integrated Building Design Plus program puts energy efficiency at the forefront and offers you:
- Significant rebates that will help offset the cost of more efficient materials and equipment.
- Reduced equipment maintenance and replacement costs, because more efficient equipment may have a longer production life.
- Substantial savings in long-term energy and maintenance costs.
How it works
Beginning the program during the design phase of your project offers the greatest opportunity to make the biggest impact on the energy efficiency of your new building.
Our Integrated Building Design Plus program consists of five features:
- Computer modeling of design alternatives
This includes individual strategy modeling and schematic description of selected strategy concepts. The program packages these strategies and analyzes them for their net impact on a building's energy use.
- Design-team reimbursements
While design teams are often interested in exploring energy-saving alternatives, typical fee structures provide little room for analyzing alternatives. This option offers financial reimbursement to help compensate design-team members for their time to participate in this process.
- Construction incentives
Once a package of strategies has been identified, we use the State of Minnesota Energy Code as the baseline for energy-savings analysis and offer a financial incentive matching prescriptive and custom rebate incentives for lighting, HVAC, motors, adjustable speed drives, ventilation controls, building envelopes, and more.
- Construction document review
A design assistance consultant reviews the construction documents to ensure plans reflect the modeled intent.
- Energy-efficiency measurement and verification
When construction is complete, we’ll review operations in the areas affected by the energy-efficiency strategies to provide feedback to you, the design team, and modelers on the as-built results.
Program eligibility and details
Our Integrated Building Design Plus program is free. To qualify, you must:
- Have a minimum project size of 5,000 square feet.
- Be in the schematic or early design development phase of your project.
- Meet the energy savings requirement of 5% beyond a baseline building.
Rebates and other incentives are available for qualifying lighting, HVAC, envelopes, motors, adjustable speed drives, and other qualifying systems.
Enhanced Energy Design
If you’re interested in taking your energy-saving efforts even further—and receiving recognition for your achievements—this program also offers the Enhanced Energy Design option.
To qualify, you must be enrolled in one of the following programs prior to creating your conceptual design plans and applying for our Integrated Building Design Plus program.
- LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) resources through the U.S. Green Building Council
- Sustainable Buildings 2030 initiative
- Other approved certification programs
Enhanced Energy Design projects must meet or exceed 20% projected energy savings over baseline conditions to qualify for energy-efficiency incentives.
If you have any questions about program eligibility, contact one of our energy experts.
Apply for the Integrated Building Design Plus program
Get started by filling out and submitting our online application.
We’ll contact you once we receive your application to perform an initial review of your project. If approved, a project manager from The Weidt Group, our service provider, will contact you with detailed information about next steps in the process.