Save on LED bulbs
Switching your light bulbs to more energy-efficient options, like light-emitting diode bulbs (LEDs), is one of the easiest ways to save money on your energy bill. And our lighting program helps you save even more with instant rebates at select retailers.
The benefits of LEDs
These types of energy-efficient bulbs last much longer than incandescent bulbs. So while they may cost more up-front, you’ll see energy savings over the long term.
- LEDs use 85% less energy.
- LEDs last about 25 times longer than incandescent bulbs.
Program eligibility and details
You don’t need to do anything to qualify for our rebate program. Simply visit one of these retailers during a promotion to get instant rebates on ENERGY STAR-qualified LEDs:
- Ace Hardware (Bemidji, Minneota, Morris, Perham)
- Coop Services (New York Mills)
- Dollar Tree (Bemidji, Fergus Falls)
- Hardware Hank (Ashby, Crookston, Fertile, Morris)
- Home Depot (Bemidji, Fergus Falls)
- Menards (Bemidji)
- Habitat for Humanity ReStore (Bemidji)
- Vergas Hardware (Vergas)
- Walgreens (Bemidji, Fergus Falls)
- Walmart (Bemidji, Crookston, Fergus Falls)
If you have any questions about this program, contact our Idea Center or call 800-493-3299 during business hours.
Watch for promotions
Look for weekly store flyers, in-store posters and displays, and check out your monthly bill inserts and our website.
Dispose of CFLs Properly
Compact fluorescent bulbs (CFLs) contain very small amounts mercury that are harmful to the environment. Learn what to do if a CFL bulb breaks, and how to safely dispose of or recycle CFL bulbs.
To recycle CFLs, take them to your local Home Depot or Walmart.