New Construction Lighting
Save now and later with high-efficiency lighting
You'll save money over the long-term when you add high-efficiency lighting to your new building construction project. Get a rebate for LED lighting fixtures. Rebates are based on fixture type and wattage.
- Residential customers may qualify for the new construction lighting fixture rebates shown below. Rebates for screw-in lighting are not available except through in-store point-of-sale rebates.
- Commercial customers may qualify for all rebates.
How it works
Rebates are available based on the fixture or lamp quantity and wattage installed. View the table below to see the eligible technologies and rebate details.
New construction lighting rebates
|Available to Residential and Commercial customers|
|LED technology||Wattage||Rebate per fixture or lamp|
|LED fixture indoor
|30 to 49||$25|
|50 to 79||$35|
|80 to 99||$50|
|LED fixture outdoor
|30 to 49||$15|
|50 to 79||$20|
|80 to 99||$25|
|Available to Commercial customers only|
|LED indoor screw-in||<10||$1.25|
|10 to 24||$3.50|
|25 to 49||$8.00|
|50 to 74||$13.50|
|LED outdoor screw-in||<10||$1.00|
|10 to 24||$1.50|
|25 to 49||$3.50|
|50 to 75||$6.00|
We also offer rebates for retrofitting lighting in your existing buildings.
Program eligibility and details
To receive rebates on high-efficiency lighting, you’ll need to adhere to these requirements.
- You only can receive rebates for the lamps and fixtures listed in the table above.
- Rebates cannot exceed 75% of your total lighting labor and material costs or annual electric bill amount. Rebates for sports-lighting installations will not exceed estimated annual revenue for the lighting system. The minimum rebate is $20.
- All rebates over $4,500 must be preapproved.
- Your lighting-system design must meet current lighting standards established by the Illuminating Engineering Society and result in a minimum 12% watt savings over standard installations.
- Because continual operation depreciates the light output of any luminaire, lighting installation should be designed and the lumi naire selected based on average light levels over the product’s lifetime, rather than initial values.
- We accept no responsibility for light-level output. All lighting modifications and warranties are between you and your vendor.
- Lighting equipment must be purchased and installed and rebate forms submitted prior to December 31 to receive your rebate within the same calendar year.
- We reserve the right to inspect any installation and meter it up to 18 months after installation is complete. This helps us track the efficiency of the installation.
- There may be disposal costs associated with proper recycling of lighting technologies. These costs are your responsibility.
We may deny any rebate that does not meet these program guidelines. The program may be discontinued or modified at any time.
Review the New Construction Lighting Terms and Conditions.
Apply for your rebate
Contact one of our Energy Management Representatives to learn more about applying for a rebate.
Purchase and disposal tips
- Not all LED products are manufactured equally. Consult ENERGY STAR for products meeting ENERGY STAR requirements or visit DesignLights Consortium (DLC) for details on DLC-qualified products. We do not endorse or imply any guarantees on any lighting products.
- Disposal of fluorescent lamps, high-intensity discharge lamps, and ballasts must follow regulatory requirements established by the Environmental Protection Agency and the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency. Fluorescent lamps and ballasts cannot be disposed of as municipal waste. You should avoid breaking or crushing old fluorescent lamps and store them safely for recycling.