Required for most equipment rebates
To apply for a rebate, submit detailed receipts, documentation of installed equipment, and signed rebate form.
- Receipts must include equipment specifications, manufacturer, and model numbers.
- Bids and quotes are not acceptable proof of purchase.
- Acceptable proof of equipment-efficiency ratings includes AHRI certificates (ahridirectory.org) or manufacturer specification sheets with proof of efficiency levels or ENERGY STAR® ratings for the model installed.
- Any other documentation of equipment efficiency must receive prior approval.
Some programs have additional guidelines and documentation requirements.
- All documentation is needed with the initial form submission to avoid delays in processing or disqualification.
- Energy control projects in which rebates may total $10,000 or more require preapproval and may be evaluated for a custom rebate amount to ensure project demand response value and a payback period of no less than one year.
- Rebates will not exceed 75% of project cost.
- Include a signed rebate application form if you're requesting a heat pump, electric plenum heater, electric boiler, electric furnace, water heater, electric vehicle charging station, or thermal storage system rebate.
- Allow eight weeks for rebates to process.
Rebate and incentive programs are subject to funding limitations and may change without notice.
Rebate forms available online
- Customer rebate application form (for heat pump, electric plenum heater, electric boiler, electric furnace, water heater, electric vehicle charging station, or thermal storage system rebates)
- Appliance rebate (Minnesota only)
- Home insulation rebate (Minnesota only)