Install thermal storage off peak, get rebates
Whether you’re building or remodeling, thermal-storage systems offer an efficient option for heating and cooling your home. And when you install them on an off-peak program, you’ll enjoy even more savings with our rebate program and discounted rates that lower operating costs.
The benefits of thermal storage
Thermal-storage systems run quietly and cleanly, without combustion by-products associated with burning fossil fuel, and are an economical way to heat or cool your home.
- Thermal-storage heating systems generate and store heat in sand or specially designed bricks during off-peak hours and then use it to heat your home during peak periods. They can heat your entire home, a single floor, or an addition. Options include:
- Conventional underfloor heat storage
- In-floor hydronic heat storage
- Central thermal-storage furnaces
- Thermal-storage room units
- Thermal-storage cooling systems generate ice or cooled water during off-peak hours and then use it to cool during peak periods
Program eligibility and details
We’ll rebate $40 per kilowatt for up to 200 kilowatts of thermal-storage heating or cooling system installed. Larger systems may qualify for a $20-per-kilowatt rebate an additional 1,000 kilowatts installed.
Additional rebate qualifications
- All rebates require a minimum installation size of 9 kilowatts.
- Systems must have adequate storage capacity to heat or cool the space during the maximum control period allowed by the rate on which it is installed.
- In combined thermal-storage/air-source heat pump systems, this rebate applies only to thermal-storage heating load. Qualified heat pump systems are rebated separately.
If you have any questions about program eligibility, contact our Idea Center or call 800-493-3299 during business hours.
Apply for your rebate
Contact your Service Representative when you are ready to install your thermal-storage system to ensure it’s properly set up on an off-peak rate and available for energy control.
After installation is complete, fill out the rebate form. When completed, give it to your Service Representative or mail it, along with all required documentation, to:
Otter Tail Power Company
P.O. Box 496
Fergus Falls, MN 56538
Please allow 6–8 weeks for your rebate check to arrive.