If you generate electricity and are looking to interconnect with our system, read the documents below to learn more about the process, requirements, and more.
- Quick-start guide - Four basic phases of the interconnection process
- Distributed Energy Resource Interconnection Process (MN DIP)
- Section 1 – Application
- Section 2 – Simplified Process
- Section 3 – Fast Track Process
- Section 4 – Study Process
- Section 5 – Provisions that apply to all applications
- Glossary of Terms
- Attachment 1: Pre-application Report Form Request*
- Attachment 2: Simplified Application Form*
- Attachment 3: Interconnection Application Form*
- Attachment 4: Certification Codes and Standards
- Attachment 5: Certification of Distributed Energy Resource Equipment
- Attachment 6: System Impact Study Agreement
- Attachment 7: Facility Study Agreement
*Otter Tail Power Company is not capable of processing application fees online at this time. Please send a paper copy of the application along with the application fee to:
Otter Tail Power Company
Attn: Interconnection Coordinator
215 S. Cascade St.
Fergus Falls, MN 56538-0496
- Minnesota Distributed Energy Resource Interconnection Agreement (MN DIA)
- Uniform Statewide Contract required by Minnesota Administrative Rules 7835.9910 for use between a utility and cogeneration or small power production facilities having less than 1 megawatt of capacity
- Purchase-power riders and applicability matrix
- Small power producer rider (Net energy billing rate) - residential, farm, general service, large general service
- Small power producer rider (Simultaneous purchase and sale billing rate) - firm power, nonfirm power
- Small power producer rider (Time of day purchase rates) - firm power, nonfirm power
- Distributed generation service rider
- Standby service tariff
In addition to the procedures listed above, Minnesota Distributed Energy Resource interconnecting customers are required to abide by the following technical requirements to our electrical system.
- State of Minnesota Technical Interconnection and Interoperability Requirements (TIIR)
- Otter Tail Power Company's Technical Standards Manual (TSM)
- Contact our generation interconnection coordinator regarding the interconnection process and agreements.
- Contact our principal resource planner regarding pricing and purchase agreements.