If you generate electricity and are looking to interconnect with our system, read the documents below to learn more about the process, requirements, and more.
- Quick-start guide - Four basic phases of the interconnection process
- Distributed Energy Resource Interconnection Process (MN DIP)
- Section 1 – Application
- Section 2 – Simplified Process
- Section 3 – Fast Track Process
- Section 4 – Study Process
- Section 5 – Provisions that apply to all applications
- Glossary of Terms
- Attachment 1: Pre-application Report Form Request
- Attachment 2: Simplified Application Form
- Attachment 3: Interconnection Application Form
- Attachment 4: Certification Codes and Standards
- Attachment 5: Certification of Distributed Energy Resource Equipment
- Attachment 6: System Impact Study Agreement
- Attachment 7: Facility Study Agreement
- Minnesota Distributed Energy Resource Interconnection Agreement (MN DIA)
- Uniform Statewide Contract required by Minnesota Administrative Rules 7835.9910 for use between a utility and cogeneration or small power production facilities having less than 1 megawatt of capacity
- Purchase-power riders and applicability matrix
- Small power producer rider (Net energy billing rate) - residential, farm, general service, large general service
- Small power producer rider (Simultaneous purchase and sale billing rate) - firm power, nonfirm power
- Small power producer rider (Time of day purchase rates) - firm power, nonfirm power
- Distributed generation service rider
- Standby service tariff
In addition to the procedures listed above, beginning July 1, 2020, Minnesota Distributed Energy Resource interconnecting customers are required to abide by the following technical requirements to our electrical system.
- State of Minnesota Technical Interconnection and Interoperability Requirements (TIIR)
- Otter Tail Power Company's Technical Standards Manual (TSM)
- Contact our generation interconnection coordinator regarding the interconnection process and agreements.
- Contact our principal resource planner regarding pricing and purchase agreements.