What to do During an Outage
Call 800-257-4044 or 218-739-8877 to report an electrical outage
It doesn't happen often, but if the power goes out:
- Check your service panel. Make sure you haven't blown a fuse or tripped a circuit breaker.
- Call us. Report the outage to use 24/7 at 800-257-4044 or 218-739-8877. This helps our crews find the issue and restore power more quickly.
If you experience a busy signal or get disconnected, please try calling us again in a few minutes! Occasionally, during major outages our phone system becomes overwhelmed with the quantity of calls. We want to hear from you and are doing our best to retrieve your call.
- Turn off or unplug appliances. This will help avoid possible damage when power is restored. Learn more about what to do while we're working to restore your service.
If you're experiencing an emergency, call 911.
While we're working to restore your service:
- Do not wire an emergency generator into your home electrical system. Backfeed into power lines could injure or kill a lineman working to restore electricity.
- Use your generator only to run specific appliances.
- Locate your generator outside to keep poisonous carbon monoxide fumes out of your home.
- Use a cell phone or plug a telephone that has a cord into a phone jack so you have phone service. (Cordless phones don't work during a power outage.)
- Leave a light or radio on to let you know when you have service again.
- Be sure you understand service disconnection and restoration as they relate to natural disasters or identified hazards.