Open outage map in new tab
It doesn't happen often, but if the power goes out:
- Check your service panel. Make sure you haven't blown a fuse or tripped a circuit breaker.
- Call us. Report the outage to us 24/7 at 800-257-4044 or 218-739-8877. This helps our crews find the issue and restore power more quickly.
If you’re calling from a phone number associated with your electric account, our updated system will quickly match you to your account(s) and prompt you to report an outage. If you’re calling from a number that isn’t associated with your account(s), be sure to have your account number handy as you’ll need it to report your outage. You can find your account number on any of your bills or within My Account. Can’t find your account number? You’ll be automatically directed to our Customer Service team. We're happy to help.
- Turn off or unplug appliances. This will help avoid possible damage when power is restored.
If you're experiencing an emergency, call 911.
While we're working to restore your service:
- Do not wire an emergency generator into your home electrical system. Backfeed into power lines could injure or kill a lineman working to restore electricity.
- Use your generator only to run specific appliances.
- Locate your generator outside to keep poisonous carbon monoxide fumes out of your home.
- Use a cell phone or plug a telephone that has a cord into a phone jack so you have phone service. (Cordless phones don't work during a power outage.)
- Leave a light or radio on to let you know when you have service again.
- Be sure you understand service disconnection and restoration as they relate to natural disasters or identified hazards.