Be smart when it comes to trees and power lines
Trees that come into contact with power lines can cause fires, electric arcing, power outages, serious and fatal injuries, and more. It’s smart to:
- Plant trees away from power lines.
- Stay away from trees that are near, or have fallen into, power lines.
- Teach your children to always look up for dangerous power lines and explain to them why they shouldn’t climb a tree near a power line.
- Report potentially hazardous situations to your utility or to emergency personnel immediately so that professionals can safely remove the trees.
- Call a professional to trim or cut down trees that could come in contact with power lines.