Be smart when it comes to trees and power lines
Trees that come into contact with power lines can cause fires, electric arcing, power outages, serious and fatal injuries, and more.
Overhead line safety tips
- Plant trees away from power lines.
- Stay at least 50 feet away from trees that are near, or have fallen into, power lines.
- Teach your children to look up for dangerous power lines and explain why they shouldn’t climb a tree near a power line.
- Report potentially hazardous situations to your utility provider or emergency personnel immediately so that professionals can safely assess and handle the situation.
- Call a professional to trim or cut down trees that could come in contact with power lines.