Foundation application update
We've closed the application period for 2023.
We received abundant requests and are inspired by the remarkable projects and initiatives submitted in 2023. Despite the many worthwhile organizations and programs that come to our attention, our ability to provide funding is limited.
If you weren't able to apply for funding this year and your project or initiative meets our giving requirements, we encourage you to revisit our website and apply for funding consideration in 2024.
We appreciate your dedication to making a positive impact in the community.
How to apply
Please complete an application online: Otter Tail Power Company Foundation Grant Application
The Otter Tail Power Company Foundation’s Board of Directors considers financial support on a per-project basis. In general, grant awards total no more than 20% of overall project cost. We provide funding for many grant requests within the $1,000 to $5,000 range and selectively award larger amounts for significant projects aligned with our priority giving areas.
The Foundation's Selection Committee and Board of Directors reviews applications in February, May, August, and November. Submit your application prior to the first of the month in which you’d like your application reviewed. For example, to be considered for a grant in May, you must submit your application no later than May 1.
Colleges and universities also may complete an online application through our Scholarship Program to request funds for student scholarships. The Foundation does not award scholarships directly to students.
Be prepared to include:
- A list of your organization's officers and board of directors.
- An overview of the project for which you’re requesting a grant.
- A summary of how your request fits one or more of our priority funding areas.
- An outline of your anticipated impact and how you plan to measure that impact.
- A description of your organization, its history, and the physical location(s) it serves.
- A commitment to completing a Minnesota Common Report Form after fulfilling your project's objectives.
- Your organizations tax exempt status letter under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service Code.
Have questions about the application process or what our Foundation funds? Please reach out.
Email: [email protected]
Please note that the Otter Tail Corporation Foundation is a separate foundation of our parent company, Otter Tail Corporation.