Powering our communities with reliable, low-cost electricity
We're an investor-owned electric utility that provides electricity and energy services for approximately 133,000 residential, commercial, and industrial customers across 70,000 square miles in Minnesota, North Dakota, and South Dakota. Our company is named after the Otter Tail River, which provided our first source of electricity when we became an operating utility in 1909. A subsidiary of Otter Tail Corporation, we’re headquartered in Fergus Falls, Minnesota.
Our vision, mission, and values
Growth and success—for our company and the rural communities we serve. We collaborate and prosper through responsible, resourceful action. We balance community, economic, and environmental commitments. Always.
To produce and deliver electricity as reliably, economically, and environmentally responsibly as possible to the balanced benefit of customers, shareholders, and employees and to improve the quality of life in the areas in which we do business.
We make decisions based on our core values:
- Integrity: We conduct business responsibly and honestly.
- Safety: We provide safe workplaces and require safe work practices.
- Customer focus: We provide reliable electricity and timely, courteous customer service.
- Resourcefulness: We draw on the ingenuity and expertise of various resources to create strategic, balanced plans.
- Community: We improve the quality of life in the areas in which we do business.
- People: We build respectful relationships and create an environment where all people can thrive.